A Professional Home
Inspection Is Key when Selling a Home
When selling a home in The Woodlands, Spring, Conroe TX, or anywhere else a homeowner will likely have to agree to a professional inspection before the sale is concluded. A Professional Home Inspection Is Key when Selling a Home. Here’s a list of Home Inspectors.
Generally, a home buyer pays for the inspection, which is performed by a licensed home inspector. There is usually an agreement that the buyer of the home can terminate a contract if serious mechanical or structural problems are detected during the inspection.
Because a home inspection can be the deal breaker for any sale, it’s important for the seller to prepare properly. Sometimes, homeowners opt for a pre-inspection, to find problems in advance and have them fixed prior to the official inspection, so they can assure a buyer — as well as themselves — that the price they are asking is fair. This is why A Professional Home Inspection Is Key when Selling a Home
More reasons why A Professional Home Inspection Is Key when Selling a Home:
A number of issues can cause an offer to be withdrawn, but these defects should be righted and repaired before the inspection:
- Untidy property —Make sure the house is clean and neat indoors and out, and the yard is well kept.
- Ceiling stains —Don’t just fix the stain; find the source of leaking water and fix it.
- Bathroom vented improperly —Some homes vent moisture into an attic rather than outdoors, and that moisture can cause mold. Any place where mold is found should be cleaned up, and the source of moisture eliminated.
- Leaking and slow drains, dripping faucets and backed-up toilets — Hire a professional plumber to address issues with pipes, water flow, and plumbing issues.
- Foundation cracks — Cracks in walls or foundation may signal foundation and structural problems.
Preparing for an Inspection
Before the professional inspector comes, there are some things the seller can do:
- If the home is vacant, leave the power on so that systems can be turned on.
- Light bulbs and fixtures should be working so the inspector can easily look at all areas of the home.
- Thin out closets and clear clutter. If you have a basement, move furniture or boxes away from walls so the inspector can look for cracks.
- Leave service tags on the furnace for inspection.
For more on why A Professional Home Inspection Is Key when Selling a Home in The Woodlands, Spring, Magnolia, TX, areas be sure to contact The Diamond Homes Realty Team today. Our dedicated team of real estate professionals stands above the rest.